Transfer & Transient Students

Transfer Students

Applicants previously enrolled in one or more institutions of higher education who wish to enroll in a credit program can be admitted when the following are submitted to the Admissions Office:

  • A completed Admissions Application
  • Effective January 1, 2012, if applying for in-state tuition more information may be required, Verification of Lawful Presence in the United States.
  • A $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
  • An official high school transcript or GED scores. If the transcript is in a language other than English, the transcript must be evaluated for equivalency by an approved evaluation agency. If an applicant has an associate degree or a baccalaureate degree, a high school transcript is not required.
  • Official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.
  • Satisfactory scores on the COMPASS, SAT, ACT, or the ASSET Test or equivalent program-level English and math coursework with a "C" or better may be used in lieu of completing the placement test.

Transient Students

What is the procedure to be a transient student at another college?

Southern Crescent Technical College students who plan to complete courses at another institution must complete and submit a signed Transient Request Form. The forms are also available in the Admissions Office. Students must follow the admission requirements for the host college.

Students planning to take online courses at another technical college in Georgia may apply online through the Georgia Virtual Technical College (GVTC) website at Students should follow the GVTC directions carefully. The Transient Request Form may be printed from the GVTC website. Students must have satisfactorily completed at least one credit course at Southern Crescent Technical College and must be in good standing. Authorization is granted only for courses that will transfer to the student’s current program of study. A grade of “C” or better is required for courses to transfer.

What is the procedure to be a transient student at Southern Crescent Technical College?

An applicant seeking admission as a transient student at Southern Crescent Technical College must submit an application and pay a non-refundable $20 application fee. A transient letter from the home school is required stating the student is in good academic standing. The letter should list the term and the course(s) the student desires to take. Transient students enroll on a space-available basis.

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Contact us

Griffin Campus - (770) 228-7348
Flint River Campus - (706) 646-6148
Butts County Center - (770) 504-7590
Henry County Center - (770) 914-4411
Jasper County Center - (706) 468-9930
Taylor County Center - (478) 862-2276

    © 2015, Southern Crescent Technical College | 501 Varsity Road | Griffin, GA 30223 | Webmaster