Veterans' Administration

Veteran Education Benefits are provided through the Montgomery G. I. Bill, Survivors and Dependents Benefits and Veterans’ Rehabilitation Benefits. Most of Southern Crescent Technical College’s programs are approved for Veteran Educational Benefits with the certifying official available in the Student Affairs Department for veterans’ needs.

Veterans and other eligible students receiving Veterans Administrative (VA) educational entitlements are required to comply with the admissions, academic, and attendance regulations that have been established for all students at SCTC. In addition, those receiving VA benefits must:

1. Seek credit for all previous training or experience that could be applicable to their chosen program of study. VA regulation 14253 requires all previous training be evaluated for possible credit. A transcript or other documentation of training must be submitted with the individual’s eligibility papers. The school will give written notice granting or denying such credit.

2. Once admitted to SCTC the veteran must comply with the college’s attendance regulations and report any schedule changes that could affect their status with the VA. Such changes include notifying the certifying official of the following:

  • Dropping or adding courses
  • Transferring from full-to half-time status or vice versa
  • Changing programs of study
  • Withdrawing from school without filing the proper withdrawal forms in Admissions.

Applications and Forms are readily available in the Student Affairs Office. The Certifying Official in Student Affairs will provide counseling and help filling out any VA forms. Students receiving VA benefits must adhere strictly to their program of study. Program change forms 22-1995 or 22-5495 and enrollment change of status forms 22-1999b must be filed promptly to avoid personal liability resulting from over-payment of VA benefits.

VA benefits are based on the number of credit hours taken per quarter, 12 hours is full time:

Apply online using VONAPP (Veterans ON-line Application Website)

For more information regarding VA Education Benefits view the website or contact the VA hotline at 1 (888) 442-4551.

Have a question? We can help.  Contact us at (770) 229-3095 or by e-mail at

Stay Connected

Follow us on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Contact us

Griffin Campus - (770) 228-7348
Flint River Campus - (706) 646-6148
Butts County Center - (770) 504-7590
Henry County Center - (770) 914-4411
Jasper County Center - (706) 468-9930
Taylor County Center - (478) 862-2276

    © 2015, Southern Crescent Technical College | 501 Varsity Road | Griffin, GA 30223 | Webmaster